The Value of Extended Family Photos
Extended family photo sessions are really several family sessions in one. In addition to the large group, all the cousins, and adult children shots we also get:
- Each nuclear family solo
- Each couple solo
- Each set of siblings
- Grandparents alone
And that’s for every nuclear family in group, which means no need for fall family sessions and your Christmas card photo is complete!
Tips for Extended Family Photos
Nothing is easy about extended family photos, but its always worth it and I’m here to support you every step!
Date: Start early in the week before sunburns, and lots of weather back up options.
Photographer: There’s so many to choose from! Tick of these basic requirements:
- Has experience with families – a wedding photog will not work here bc bridal parties are not the same as a gaggle of kids.
- Is FAST This can make or break your experience! A slow photog will make for a painful session with kids begging to be done. I’ve experienced it myself!
- Is flexible in your travel dates. You have a short window and weather is real. Make sure there’s a back up plan if the first date doesn’t work.
- Will come to you. Make it easy on yourself and make sure you don’t have to transport your crowd further than absolutely necessary. Less stress!
Clothes: Use Style & Select for a custom curated idea list (get free access here!)
- When in doubt, pinks and blues are easy and look good on everyone at the beach
Get it all in your inbox –
Hi I’m Alison, your chaos coordinator.
As the ringleader of my own 4 boy circus, I know how hard getting family photos can be.
If I could dress your kids and literally hang your family photos on your walls, I would.
…but I can’t, so I do just about everything else in between.
That’s why I take the time to hold your hand from start to finish.
Because what good are family photos if your kids never see them?
Reach now out with your dates & ideas. Let’s see what we can dream up!