Sea Services Leadership Association’s 33rd Joint Women’s Leadership Symposium
JWLS is the largest gathering of women in uniform in the world! Attendance this year was 1100 women and men from all six branches and international services. Speakers included Congresswomen Luria, LtGov. Sears, USMC Commandant Gen. Berger, General Van Ovost, Vice Admiral Franchetti, Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force, Secretary of the Navy, and more!
What is JWLS?
- Sea Service Leadership Association’s Joint Women’s Leadership Symposium is the largest gathering of military women in the nation and is the premier professional development conference for women in the uniformed services and DoD.
- The Joint Women’s Leadership Symposium (JWLS) is open to Active, Reserve and Retired Military service members from all service branches, DoD Civilians, the National Guard, NOAA and our international allies.
- The event is hosted by the Sea Services Leadership Association (SSLA), the only non-profit dedicated to the advancement of women in the sea services, but it is supported by all U.S. uniformed services as it has a consistently positive history of informing policy, inspiring action, and affecting retention!
- JWLS attendance ranges in size from 900-1500 attendees dependent on the hosting location and regularly has representatives from various allied countries, including Canada, Australia, Denmark, Sweden, South Korea, and more in attendance.
- JWLS traditionally rotates between fleet concentration areas and has been held in Washington D.C., Norfolk, VA and San Diego, CA over past years.
Even as a civilian, this event was invigorating and impactful! I don’t know if what the sheer number of women, the concentration of go-getters and achievers, or both that left me feeling like a sad kid leaving summer camp when it was over! I’m truly grateful to have been apart of it and look forward to doing it again!
Robin Phoenix of Best Medicine Brigade is bringing laughter for mental health and wellness. She had everyone laughing poking fun at each service. She performs at balls and military ceremonies and she lives near my hometown in SC!
Did you attend JWLS 2022?
If you attended JWLS 2022, please check out the photo gallery! SSLA wants to share the images with you! Feel free to download images without a watermark in both websize and high res files.
Hi I’m Alison, your chaos coordinator.
As the ringleader of my own 4 boy circus, I know how hard getting family photos can be.
If I could dress your kids and literally hang your family photos on your walls, I would.
…but I can’t, so I do just about everything else in between.
That’s why I take the time to hold your hand from start to finish.
Because what good are family photos if your kids never see them?
See More Ceremony Photo Inspiration
SSLA’s Joint Women’s Leadership Symposium 2022Alison is the chaos-commanding family photographer in Virginia Beach, VA thriving in the loud & messy offering in home lifestyle, outdoor, and extended family sessions.
Owner & Photographer of Alison Bell, Photographer, she is also the circus ring leader of four boys, half-homeschooling USMC family.
Alison offers full-contact family photo sessions with wardrobe styling, sessions that feel like a party and custom print shopping. Even Dad has a good time!
She's on a mission to get your images in your hand, rather than gathering digital dust! Get an album and print dozens of shots in one place!
If you can't remember last time your family did photos, its time to chat asap!
Clients rave about how easy and enjoyable their session is and how their kids wanting to do it again!
Alison Bell, Photographer serves VA Beach, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Cape Charles, and Hampton in Hampton Roads area of Virginia.
Find her on Insta @alisonbellphotog!